← terug naar overzicht
Vacature - Senior System Designer
SolliciterenSolliciteren met LinkedIn
Senior System Designer
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and negotiates on customer requirements.
- Renders customer requirements into (sub)system and electrical, software, wiring and motion control requirements.
- Breaks down specifications into modular concepts and functions, enabling reusability also in future system designs.
- Prepares quotations with (sub)system concept(s), material costs and reliable development effort estimations.
- Creates (sub)system concepts with proven technology / risk management in mind, optimized by a multi-disciplinary view and founded by necessary theoretical calculations.
- Creates (sub) system designs, based on defined concept(s). Product cost, regulations, manufacturability, serviceability, technical risk, project delivery time and development effort have to be taken into account.
- Creates or delegates electrical, software, wiring and motion control designs to (external) designers and engineers.
- Supports the Sales and Customer organizations as a technical specialist.
- Supports Frencken mechatronics with complex production issues as a technical specialist.
- Takes technical responsibility in projects and is aware of his/her leading role in these projects.
- Maintains and improves personal and technical knowledge via training and networking.
- Pro-actively contributes in improvement processes.
- Coaches colleagues and delegates work.
- Initiates and manages in- and external discussions concerning system requirements, architecture and electrical, software, wiring and motion control design.
- Transfers relevant knowledge with stakeholders in- and outside the organization.
- Manages his/her own work and the work assigned to others based on the project plan.
- Delivers planning and development strategy input to the project managers.
- Inspires and coaches team members to get the job done and is willing to go the extra mile.
- Initiates and deploys changes and improvements within Frencken Engineering.
- Manages progress and problems pro-actively until closure.
- Verifies system concepts and designs pro-actively with his stakeholders and delegates parts of it to designers and engineers.
- Skilled in designing complex mechatronic systems from (pre-) concept phase up to system verification.
- Skilled in electrical, software, wiring and motion control development and outsourcing.
- Skilled in methodologies and available tools for rendering customer requests in a reliable and competitive system design.
- Skilled in test and simulation tooling.
- Skilled in dynamic system behavior and motion control component selection.
- Strong affinity with mechanics.
- Strong affinity with development processes, product standards, product verification and validation.
- Is a conceptual, lateral, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view.
- Fluency in English, both orally and in writing.
- Is able to give presentations on technical issues to large groups, and can influence the effect of the presentation.
- Uses different communication styles and can adapt his/her communication to all levels in- and outside the organization.
- Knows how to balance empathy and goals.
- Is open for feedback on his/her work and behavior and able to give feedback on content, behavior and process.
- Is aware of own and others effectiveness and knows how to use this knowledge effectively.
- Hands-on team-player.
- Leadership (technical), motivating, coaching and delegating.
- Manages individuals, teams and stakeholders effectively.
- Can handle uncertainty and gives direction to mitigate when needed.
Education and Experience:
- Technical education at bachelor or academic level.
- More than 10 years’ experience in product development related to electronics, embedded software or mechatronics.